Joplin Arts Fest Patron Program
When we think of an arts festival, we think of mingling with friends around artists, music, and food. From the artists’ perspective, attending an arts festival is a business decision. For festival artists, participating in an outdoor show represents an opportunity for income – it is a means of support for themselves, their families, and their passion. A Patron Program can help sway their decision on which arts festivals to attend.
Participation in an arts festival is an investment that is not taken lightly. On any given weekend during the festival season, artists can choose from several options throughout the Midwest in hopes of making a profit. Which festivals should they invest their time and money? Three factors help make this decision for the artist: anticipated sales, judges awards, and Patron Program support.
Why Should You Become a Patron?
Your decision to become a Patron is a sign that you value arts and culture in Joplin. Your contribution will help ensure that this celebrated community festival remains free to attend and continues to enrich the quality of life in Southwest Missouri. Becoming a Patron also encourages talented artists from around the United States to come to Joplin. It stresses to our artists that Joplin Arts Fest is a great place to exhibit and sell their work, and in addition to the wonderful crowds attending the Festival, there are already existing pre-pledged art buyers.
The Patron Experience:
To say thanks for your generous contribution, we’d like to give you the VIP treatment! Along with the personal benefits listed below, proceeds from this program will support the Cerebral Palsy of Tri-County, the Boys and Girls Club of Southwest Missouri, and Kiwanis Christmas Parties at various Joplin elementary schools.
Patron's Will Receive:
- Invitation to Patron Program Reception: This Patron’s-only party will kick-off Joplin Arts Fest 2018 on Friday (5:00–7:00pm), giving you the opportunity to shop the art first while enjoying hors d'oeuvres, beverages, and live music.
- First 50 Patrons at the Patron Program Reception will receive a limited-edition Joplin Arts Fest tote
- Art Bucks: Pre-purchased Art Bucks can be spent at any artist booth during the festival and must be spent the year of purchase. Unspent Art Bucks will benefit the Joplin Kiwanis Club’s youth-oriented programs.
- Patron Badge: to identify you to the Artists as a Patron of the Arts
- 2 Award Ribbons: present these to Artists when purchasing their artwork. These are displayed in the artist’s booth and makes them feel great!
- 2 Complimentary Drink Tickets (21+) for Kiwanis Club of Joplin’s Beer & Wine Garden
- 1 Official Poster Signed by the Featured Artist
- Hospitality Room Access throughout Joplin Arts Fest (with use of Patron Badge)
Become a Joplin Arts Fest Patron:
Downloadable form will be added soon! Forms can also be collected at the locations listed below.
Individual – $135 (includes $100 Art Bucks!)
Couple – $260 (includes $200 Art Bucks!)
Show even more support by buying additional Art Bucks!
Additional Art Bucks may be purchased in $25 increments.
Deadline to join Joplin Arts Fest 2018 Patron Program: September 1, 2018
Please make checks payable to Art Barnett Foundation
To Participate in the Patron Program, please return form and payment to:
- Spiva Center for the Arts (222 W 3rd St) or
- Local Color Art Gallery & Studio (1027 S Main St)
Or mail form and payment to:
Joplin Arts Fest
c/o: Steve Doerr
Joplin, MO 64804
Questions? Please contact Steve Doerr at (417) 529-3730.